Drug Crimes Defense Attorney serving the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland, including Worcester, Wicomico, and Somerset Counties
J. Christopher Llinas is a former Maryland prosecutor who is now practicing as a criminal defense lawyer from his office in Ocean Pines and his part time office in Ocean City, Maryland.
In Maryland, there are five ways in which drug offenses are charged, generally:
- possession with intent to distribute
- simple possession
- possession of drug paraphernalia
And there are four ways in which drugs are most often classed, for the purpose of charging these offenses:
- Schedule I & II narcotics, including:
- prescription medications like Oxycontin or Xanax
- certain hallucinogenic drugs, including:
- MDMA (ecstasy) over 750mg
- Fake or counterfeit drugs
The applicable maximum sentence for any given drug offense, as well as the application of any mandatory minimum sentence, depends upon the class of offense, the kind of drug, and whether the offense was a first or subsequent offense.
Whatever the offense, and whatever the drug, J. Christopher Llinas has extensive experience with every kind of case, at every level.
He can identify the key issues, fully research and investigate those issues, and craft and then execute the best defense possible.